INTRODUCTION TO THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY, INTERNATIONAL LAW AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
PROFESSOR IN CHARGE OF THE SUBJECT
Dr. Santiago Castellà Surribas, Professor of International Public Law and International Relations of the Rovira i Virgili University.
Dr. Luis Ojeda Ruiz, Investigator, Colaborator of the Université du Luxembourg.
16th April 2018 to 16th July 2018. 1 week of presentation, 10 weeks of consecutive teaching and 1 final week of evaluation/retrieval with a previous week off.
5 evaluative tests with a load of 20% on the final grade. There is no final test. Delivery of suspended or non-delivered works: last week (9 of July).
- The International Society and International Relations: historical evolution. Characteristics and principles of the Contemporary International Society.
- Sources of International Law: with special reference to the international customs.
- Law of Treaties.
- Criterions for the attribution of international subjectivity.
- The State as an international subject, with special reference to competences of the State.
- The International Organizations, with special reference to Law and the responsibilities of the International Organizations.
- The reception of international Law by the internal legal systems.
- Application of International Law: The International responsibility of the State.
- Application of International Law: follow-up/monitoring, control and coercion measures.
- Fractures and conflicts in the International Global Society.