Dear members of the ICB,
We are pleased to inform you that the meeting of the ICB Executive
Committee was held on February 10, 2021, with the presence of all seven
members, as follows:
Mr. Nguyen Dang Trung
Mr. Ken Gallant
Ms. Antonia Rocha Gonzalez
Mr. Pierre Kopp
Mr. Abouba Ali Maiga
Mr. Jaume Antich Soler
Mr. Dragoș Chilea
We discussed the organization of a General Assembly in March 2021 in
order to elect the new management of the ICB. Each of the members present
were able to express their point of view and arguments on this subject and we
reached the following conclusions:
- The current health conditions due to the COVID-19 pandemic impose
restrictions on us nationally and internationally regarding travel, whether
continental or intercontinental.
- Most states of the European Union and other continents impose special
conditions upon entry and during stay in their territory, such as a negative
COVID-19 test result or full vaccination as well as a period compulsory
isolation on return to the country of origin
- The obligation to ensure above all, the safety and health of all members
of the ICB participating in the General Assembly.
- The lack of rules providing for another method of voting other than that
by the physical presence of voters.
- The need to ensure the transparency and fairness of the vote.
- The existence of a precedent in the history of the organization of
elections for the leadership of the ICB by extending the current term by one
- The fact that these same reasons have led other institutions and
international organizations or companies to postpone the organization of similar
events requiring the physical presence of their members.
In the face of all these arguments, we unanimously took the decision to
organize the General Assembly for the election of the leadership of the ICB in
Until that date, the members of the current Executive Committee will
continue to exercise their current functions.
The unanimous decision of the Executive Committee will be
communicated to the members of the ICB by means of the website as well as
the communication tools available and usually used by the secretariat and the
President of ICB
Avocat Prof. Dr. Dragoș CHILEA