Article 5 ICB Constitution :
3. The following may be admitted as collective members :
b. Associations of counsel
4. Any other association concerned with the role of counsel at the Court may be accredited as an associate member.
5. The Executive Committee shall decide on admission as a member or accreditation as an associate member. Conditions of admission
or accreditation as a member or associate member shall be determined by the Council [...] »
Article 1 ICB Constitution :
The following words or acronyms shall bear the following meanings in this Constitution:
Association of counsel—Independent association of legal practitioners or Bars, qualified for collective membership, and recognized as such by the Council.
Bar—An independent body of which counsel authorised to practice in the jurisdiction of the body are members, and recognized as such by the Council. In this Constitution, “Bar” refers also to Law Societies.” »
Article 10 ICB Constitution :
« Elections to the Council:
2. A person may stand for election to the Council from only one of the above colleges. Representatives of Bars and associations
of counsel must be qualified to be individual members. »
We will respond to your request once the ICB Secretariat has advised that meet the necessary requirements to form part of the ICB.
If your bid is accepted, we will inform you of the method of payment of the annual fee for membership of ICB.
ICB members include individual lawyers, Bars, Law Societies, independent associations of counsel and interested non-governmental organizations (in a non-voting capacity) to become members of the ICB.We invite you to join us.
The ICB needs your support, your experience and your expertise to ensure the success of its commitments and challenges.
To assist, please fill out the individual or collective application form, and append the appropriate documents.
On behalf of the ICB Executive Committee, as well as in our own names, we wish to thank you for your unwavering support and cooperation.
You can register as a member of ICB in two ways:
Submitting the Registration Forms in this page. With this option, you need all the same documents for attach that the previous point
Before starting the registration process we recommend having prepared the documents will have to attach for the form membership of ICB.
Rule 22 ICC Rules of Procedure and Evidence
« Appointment and qualifications of Counsel for the defence:
1. A counsel for the defence shall have established competence in international or criminal law and procedure, as well as the necessary relevant experience, whether as judge, prosecutor, advocate or in other similar capacity, in criminal proceedings. A counsel for the defence shall have an excellent knowledge of and be fluent in at least one of the working languages of the Court. Counsel for the defence may be assisted by other persons, including professors of law, with relevant expertise. »