DEONTOLOGY AND ELEMENTS OF PRACTICE
PROFESSOR IN CHARGE OF THE SUBJECT
Dr. Estéban Peralta. Chief, Counsel Support Section at the International Criminal Court.
Dra. Dignite Bwiza, Defence Team, Charles Blé Goudé & Kisangani Bar Association (DR Congo) & Witwatersrand University, International Criminal Court, Brussels Bar Association.
Sr. Daniel Rezene Mekonnen, Lawyer, President of the Bar Association of Eritrea (in exile).
21st of January 2019 to 22nd of April 2019. 1 week of presentation, 10 weeks of consecutive teaching and 1 final week of evaluation/retrieval with a previous week off.
5 evaluative tests with a load of 20% on the final grade. There is no final test. Delivery of suspended or non-delivered works: last week (15th of April 2019).
- Exercising before the ICC: lists, form of access and operation.
- Support of the lawyer in the ICC: List of attendees, list of professional lawyers, the office of defense support.
- Obligations, prohibited behaviors in the ICC and comparison with other courts.
- Disciplinary procedure in the ICC (active legitimation, presentation of complaints in instruction, oral phase, decision, sanctions and remedies).
- The practice of field research/investigation.
- Resources for research in International Criminal Justice.
- Resources for the divulgation of the International Criminal Justice.
- The role of NGOs.
- Notions of legal translation (I).
- Notions of legal translation (II).