INTERNATIONAL PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
PROFESSOR IN CHARGE OF THE SUBJECT
Dra. Luz Elena Mira Olano, Doctora en Ciencias Jurídicas, Magister en Derechos Humanos, Democracia y Derecho Internacional; Especialista en Derecho Penal; Decana de la Facultad de Derecho y Ciencias Forenses del Tecnológico de Antioquia Institución Universitaria; Docente Universitaria e Investigadora.
Dr. Santiago Castellà Surribas, Professor of International Public Law and International Relations of the Rovira i Virgili University.
16th April 2018 to 16th July 2018. 1 week of presentation, 10 weeks of consecutive teaching and 1 final week of evaluation/retrieval with a previous week off.
5 evaluative tests with a load of 20% on the final grade. There is no final test. Delivery of suspended or non-delivered works: last week (9 of July).
- Background and foundations of the international protection of Human Rights: History of the international protection of human rights.
- Sources of International Law of Human Rights and the evolution and progressive interpretation of the protection of human rights.
- International Responsibility of the States with regard to the protection of human rights: Criteria of State responsibility for international illicit acts; Theories on the responsibility of States for third party acts and Case analysis.
- International Systems for the Protection of Human Rights: Universal System: ONU.
- Regional Systems for the International Protection of Human Rights: Europe, America and Africa.
- International Mechanisms for the Protection of Human Rights (I): Conventional mechanisms.
- International Mechanisms for the Protection of Human Rights (II): extra-conventional mechanisms in the universal system.
- International Mechanisms for the Protection of Human Rights (III): Individual petitions system before the regional systems.
- Procedure before the international systems for the protection of Human Rights: Criteria of competence and admissibility before the committees of the ONU, before the regional systems, the preliminary procedure and in-depth analysis to establish the international responsibility of the States.
- Integral Reparation for victims of human rights violations: Measures of satisfaction, restitution measures, rehabilitation measures, compensation measures and guarantees of non-repetition.